NHS England has announced that the general practice COVID-19 Covid capacity expansion fund, originally announced in November 2020 has been expanded and extended into the period April to September 2021.
This is a further allocation of an additional £120m into primary care in England. It will continue the seven priorities announced in November including:
- COVID oximetry at home
- Identifying patients with long Covid
- Supporting extremely vulnerable patients and those shielding
- Address the backlog of appointments for chronic disease, vaccinations immunisations and other work
- Learning disability health checks
- Increasing the number and capacity of GPs
- Providing backfill funding to meet demand where staff are unable to work remotely
It continues to focus on the importance of developing a flexible pool of clinicians and to maximise the capacity that they can offer. DutyDoctor can support practices both through its efficient, skill-based staff-scheduling and also as a locum bank to help fill vacancies within an organisation. STP/ICSs have been allocated funding to support delivering locum banks at PCN and wider scales and most are devolving this down to local GP federations or PCN groups.
If you would like to find out how DutyDoctor can support your local area and efficiently fill shifts for the whole multidisciplinary team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org